For establishing a Wireless connection with any HP Printer, you will need to generate a WPS Pin for HP Printer. For the past 4 years, all HP Printer uses wireless printing technology and this technology makes us print documents and pictures anytime and anywhere around the world. WPS Pin is a mode of wireless connection that is a very easy way to connect any wireless HP Printer to your router or home network. In windows 10 you have seen a message like “Enter the WPS Pin for HP Printer”. And that’s how the process starts for wireless connection.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS is “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” . It is a basic wireless connection method for all HP Printers. And, it helps to make wireless connections between wireless devices like a router and Printer. WPS is the simplest way to connect any device with your wireless network. It also protects your devices from unauthorized access.
Types of WPS Connections for HP Printers:
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
Connect HP Printer using WPS Button
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after pressing the Wireless or Settings Button, you will observe a Blue Light starts blinking.
- Go to the option of “WiFi Protected Setup” and then follow the instructions which appear on the printer screen.
- After this, you will have to select the option “WPS Button”. When you do so, the printer will tell you to press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- After pressing the WPS button on the router, move to the printer and for a wireless connection, hit continue.
- Now Connection will be established and the printer is ready to use.
Connect HP Printer using WPS Pin
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after pressing the Wireless button, go to the Settings.
- After touching on the WiFi Protected Setup, you should follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Now you will be prompted to PIN, tap on this PIN. When you do so, WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- The next step is to access the configuration utility or the software for the wireless access point or wireless router. After this, you will have to enter WPS PIN.
- After the completion of setup, in All Programs, open the HP Folder of the Printer. Then, go to the Printer Setup and Software. Then, choose the option of “Connect a New Printer”. This way, you can easily install the Network Printer Driver.
Note:- In case you are not able to find the WPS pin on HP Printer then try HP Smart App which is available in Microsoft Store.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)