Question:- I am using an HP Envy 5660 Printer which is only printing in black and white. If I try to print any PDF file, Document, or Email from a chrome browser it won’t print in color. I can make color copies from the HP Printer but not able to print in color from my Windows 10 device. Can anyone help me because my HP Envy 5660 won’t print in color?
Also Read:- How to find WPS Pin for HP Printer?
Why is my HP Envy 5660 not printing in color?
If you are using an HP Envy 5660 Printer or 5600 printer series and it won’t print in color with your Windows 10, then there are three possible reasons behind this problem. Check all of these reasons before you proceed further with troubleshooting your HP Envy 5660 printer.
- Printhead not cleaned properly:- If you are using your HP Envy 5660 printer for a quite long time and have not cleaned the printhead then HP 5660 will not print in color. It’s advised to clean the printhead with the help of wet tissue paper or you can use the HP Utility software available on the HP Envy 5660 printer itself. That will fix the problem in the first attempt.
- Color Printing feature is not enabled:- Sometimes it happens when you try to print a color document it comes out Black and white. It’s due to the color feature on HP Envy 5660 printer. If the color feature is Disabled in printer properties then also Envy 5660 will not print in color. So Enable the Color printing feature in HP 5660 printer properties to start printing in color. Hopefully, this will fix any printing issue.
- Driver Conflicts:- If you have ever used any HP printer earlier on the same Windows 10 system or installed more than two HP printers, then there might be a serious driver conflict. To fix this, uninstalled the HP Envy 5660 drivers completely and re-installed in again from the HP itself.
Steps to Fix HP Envy 5660 won’t print in color (Windows 10)
These troubleshooting steps are for Windows 10 users who are facing problems with printing in color from HP Envy 5660 printer.
- Firstly Delete or Remove HP Envy 5660 Printer from Devices.
- Now Uninstall HP Envy 5660 printer drivers completely from the control panel of your Windows 10.
- Next Press “Windows + R“ on the keyboard and open Run Box.
- Type this printui.exe /s in the Run box and click OK to open printer drivers.
- Select the Drivers tab to open it.
- Under the Drivers section, if you find any Printer drivers, please Delete them and press OK.
- Now again go to windows 10 Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer.
- In Choose Printer pop up, click on “The printer I want isn’t listed“.
- Choose the option Add a printer using a TCP/IP address.
- Enter the IP Address of your HP Envy 5660 Printer here ( 192.168.0.7 or 10.0.0.46) and hit Next.
- This will install the HP Envy 5660 printer with basic drivers which will help you to print in color also.
- Try printing in color with HP Envy 5660 printer.
Note:- In most cases, this will fix HP Envy 5660 won’t print in the color issue. However in case if it doesn’t fix please contact HP Support for service.